About Me

My photo

I spend most of my time daydreaming and creating otherworldly tales steeped in myth, magic, and romance. All of my heroes have long hair, and my heroines are strong-willed. Prior to being a writer, I played bass guitar in an all-girl hard rock/metal band in southern California. When I'm not writing, editing, or reading, I enjoy practicing target archery.
 

Saturday, June 25, 2005

An e-book site that publishes women

I have decided to submit my work to an e-book site that only publishes women. Currently my book is only available as a trade paperback and it might help to give people more than one choice. I have spent all morning writing a query letter and a bio. There are so many different formats for query letters, but I think that simple is the best way to go. Don't add insignificant information that has nothing to do with the manuscript and always follow the guidelines for submissions. I figure if this e-publisher rejects me then it wasn't meant to be and I will submit to another one. Dealing with rejection is a huge part of writing and I try not to let it get me down because I believe in myself. Gotta go organize my office. What a mess!
Post a Comment