About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I haven't had a chance to do much writing lately due to personal matters that needed my attention. Things are getting back to normal now and I am getting back into the writing flow. I have been doing extensive research on the Roman Army in Scotland. I found an excellent book called Garrison Life At Vindolanda, A Band of Brothers, by Anthony Birley. It is based on the writing tablets found at the Vindolanda fortress site at Hadrian's Wall. Mr. Birley has taken the information collected on these tablets and organized it so that it is easy to understand. This book has been very helpful to me as to what the soldiers were like and how they talked to one another. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the Roman army on the northern frontier.

I am also working on my characters to make them three dimensional. By taking each character and making a profile list on them, I have been able to bring them to life. I feel that the characters are very important to the success of a book.

Well, I am off to work on this.

No comments: