About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Weird Word Wednesday

1   Bilabial
      adjective bi·la·bi·al \(ˌ)bī-ˈlā-bē-əl\
Definition of BILABIAL

of a consonant
:  produced with both lips
Origin of BILABIAL

International Scientific Vocabulary
First Known Use: 1878
2bilabial
noun
linguistics : a sound made by using both lips
Full Definition of BILABIAL

:  a bilabial consonant
See bilabial defined for English-language learners
Examples of BILABIAL

English bilabials such as and .
First Known Use of BILABIAL

1829
bilabial
adjective  bi·la·bi·al  \(ˈ)bī-ˈlā-bē-əl\
Medical Definition of BILABIAL


:  of or relating to both lips

Kelley Heckart, Historical fantasy romance author
Captivating...Sensual...Otherworldly
http://www.kelleyheckart.com        
My author page at amazon.com with all my books listed

No comments: