About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Friday, November 06, 2015

Favorite Friday: Sharing a favorite new T.V. series

Favorite T.V. Series: The Bastard Executioner

Show blurb:
Wilkin Brattle, a warrior knight in the charge of King Edward I, trades his sword for a peaceful farming life -- until the violence of his past finds him and forces him to pick up the bloodiest sword of all.


It started kind of slow, but I really like this dark medieval series by the creator of Sons of Anarchy and hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It’s the real deal as far as medieval politics, complete with people being tortured and killed for heresy by the church. The upper class is greedy and cares little for the poor. I guess times haven’t changed much. The main character is easy to like because he may be one of the few with actual compassion and remorse.


Kelley Heckart, Historical fantasy romance author
Captivating...Sensual...Otherworldly
http://www.kelleyheckart.com        

No comments: