About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Weird Word Wednesday

1     Bilbo
      noun bil·bo \ˈbil-(ˌ)bō\
plural bilboes
Definition of BILBO

:  a long bar of iron with sliding shackles used to confine the feet of prisoners especially on shipboard
Origin of BILBO

perhaps from Bilboa, Spain
First Known Use: 1557
bilbo
noun \ˈbil-(ˌ)bō\
plural bilboes or bilboas
Definition of BILBO

:  sword
Variants of BILBO

bilbo or bil·boa \ˈbil-(ˌ)bō\
Origin of BILBO

Bilboa, Bilbao, Spain

First Known Use: 1565

Kelley Heckart, Historical fantasy romance author
Captivating...Sensual...Otherworldly
http://www.kelleyheckart.com        
My author page at amazon.com with all my books listed

No comments: