About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Weird Word Wednesday

calabash
noun  cal·a·bash  \ˈka-lə-ˌbash\
Definition of calabash
Popularity: Bottom 30% of words
1
:  a tropical American tree (Crescentia cujete) of the bignonia family; also :  its large hard-shelled globose fruit
2
:  gourd; especially :  one whose hard shell is used for a utensil
3
:  a utensil (as a bottle or dipper) made from the shell of a calabash

Origin of calabash

French & Spanish; French calebasse gourd, from Spanish calabaza

Kelley Heckart, Historical fantasy romance author
Captivating...Sensual...Otherworldly
http://www.kelleyheckart.com        
My author page at amazon.com with all my books listed

No comments: