About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Downsizing is harder than it seems

We made the decision to downsize last year. Well, my husband wanted to do this more than I did, but after dragging my feet, I decided it was the right thing to do. That didn’t make it any easier for me. We went from a 3-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom duplex. Even after having four garage sales, we still had too much stuff. Physically, this was the hardest move for both of us. That might be because we are a lot older now, but it’s not easy trying to fit everything into a smaller place. Whenever we moved in the past, it was always to a larger home. I think the hardest part was spending a year sorting and cleaning out all my stuff. The process was so time-consuming and stressful. It’s difficult deciding what to get rid of and what to keep.

However… I’m discovering that I didn’t really need all of those things I had and there are many creative ways to organize a smaller home. Pinterest has been a great help with people sharing so many great ideas. We are quickly adapting to our new place. After a year of cleaning out stuff, hosting garage sales (when you start recognizing the people shopping in your garage, you’ve had too many), and finally moving, I’m looking forward to new beginnings and moving on with my life.
The view from our new home.





Quote from The Wolf Queen:
“Tantaus, you Cyclopean idiot,” Niren said, “can you not see Lycaon is infatuated with the girl?”


Otherworldly tales steeped in myth and magic

No comments: