About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday Musings: More backyard wildlife, A lizard hitched a ride

I came back inside the house from doing some evening chores like adding chlorine tabs to the pool and emptying the kitchen trash when I felt something crawling on my head. On instinct, I brushed my hand through my hair and something fell out and landed on the kitchen floor. It was a baby lizard that immediately crawled under the stove. I couldn’t let it stay there because it would die if stranded in the house. Fortunately, my husband was home. I had him move the stove while I scooped the little guy into a plastic container and set him free outside. I have no idea how the lizard ended up hitching a ride on my head. I seem to attract wildlife in strange ways and this is one of them.
This is the little hitchhiker.

Kelley Heckart, Historical fantasy romance author
Captivating...Sensual...Otherworldly
http://www.kelleyheckart.com        
My author page at amazon.com with all my books listed



No comments: