About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Book Review: New Orleans Vampires, History and Legend by Marita Woywod Crandle

New Orleans Vampires: History and Legend (Haunted America) by [Marita Crandle]


https://www.amazon.com/New-Orleans-Vampires-History-Haunted-ebook/dp/B075H2MT6R/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1Q10F8MXQQ16V&dchild=1&keywords=new+orleans+vampires&qid=1598924148&s=digital-text&sprefix=new+orleans+vam%2Caps%2C217&sr=1-3

An interesting read. 4 stars.

I was looking for inspiration and decided to read this book based on vampire tales that originated in New Orleans.  I found the stories interesting. I've read quite a few books on vampires, but I'd never heard of these stories about The Casket Girls, Comte De St. Germain, and the Carter Brothers. As I was reading them, I could almost sense the mystery and spookiness of the Quarter. The author's own vampire encounter gave me chills. As an added bonus, there is a bibliography at the end for further reading. Highly recommended for anyone who loves well-researched vampire tales.

No comments: