About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, September 21, 2020

Awakening the Fae, Medieval Monday, #MedMonFall20, Excerpt #1

Welcome to another round of Medieval Monday. Starting today and lasting until December 7, we will be sharing snippets from one nature-themed excerpt from one of our books on each of our blogs. Join the fun and follow all the blogs. #MedMonFall20 Go to the Medieval Romance Lovers FB page for a full list of all the blogs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401384450126130/



Excerpt snippet #1 Sept 21

I landed on a hard ground of rock and grass. The air knocked from me, I gasped for breath. For long moments, I couldn’t move, and I fought the urge to vomit, my stomach roiling. I slowly sat up. The bench, Selena, and the cemetery were nowhere in sight.

For as far as I could see, rows of trees filled the view, not the trees I was used to seeing in Los Angeles. The pines and oaks here differed from the ones I remembered from Big Bear, the forest…primordial, the moss-covered trees so thick and tall they hid the sunlight.

Where was I?

Fragrant pine and earthy scents permeated the grove, and I stilled. Odd. There were no car engines or airplane noises, just singing birds. It was both serene and eerie.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pants pocket. No signal.

Mierda,” I muttered, turned it off, and put it back in my pocket.

*

Buy links:

Buy links: Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYNKSYZ

Amazon Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1691908231

Also available in KU

*

AWAKENING THE FAE

SHADOW-WALKERS BOOK 4

(This is a standalone story in the Shadow-walkers series.)

*Erotic paranormal romance*


Time can’t separate them, but fate can.

Do you like time travel stories with a hot elven king and lots of twists? The women are the rock stars here, and they command the supernatural alpha males in their lives. Grab a copy now and enter the sexy, scary, and thrilling world of Shadow-walkers. This compelling romance will capture your soul.

She’s the most powerful Shadow-walker…and the most vulnerable.

Dina, the wild, strong-willed drummer for Hecate’s Fury and wearer of the Gateway rune, is thrust back in time where she meets a tall, handsome faery king. Beneath all the beauty of the aes sidhe city lurks a dark, menacing danger, and nothing is as it seems. She may be the only one to help them, but the cost to her is high.

Beware a kiss in moonlight.

Roan may be the only male to tame Dina’s restless spirit, the king’s cold nature both enticing and challenging. However, another covets her Shadow-walker and bruja powers. The rival’s obsession is relentless, his magic difficult to resist, even for a Shadow-walker.

Past and present collide as both males vie for her. Only the power of love and sacrifice can unite her with her true mate.

*

Listen to Hecate’s Fury music here: https://www.reverbnation.com/hecatesfury

And on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/75YOEjUjM0D8JV6lY2YD5w?si=cfxko5lXSy6jeb0z7CntIw

Author website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com

https://www.kelleyheckart.com/shadowwalkers.html

 *

8 comments:

Ruth A Casie said...

A terrific snippet. I can't wait to read the rest.

Cathy MacRae said...

Great snippet, Kelley! Love the description of the trees! Can't wait 'til next week!

Barbara Bettis said...

Whoa! Sounds like an exciting book, Kelly. Looking forward to more of the excerpt--Happy Medieval Monday :)

Mary Morgan said...

Great intro to Medieval Monday, Kelley!

Judith Sterling said...

A wonderful start to Medieval Monday, Kelley!

Sherry Ewing said...

A great start for our nature theme for another round of Medieval Monday, Kelley!

Jean M. Grant said...

good snippet! Love a good time travel.

Anastasia Abboud said...

Wow! This looks cool! I love the comparison.descriptions of the forests - perfect for our nature theme. Happy Medieval Monday!