About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

She never expected to find love or a way back, Awakening, Contemporary, paranormal romance, ghost mystery #MFRWsteam

 


Blurb:

Supernatural meets Rock Star in this exciting new series. More than passion ignites when Kate, rock star/scriptwriter, is trapped in a haunted cabin with the hot Scottish actor playing her hero.

Review:

"Heckart gives fans a contemporary mystery/romance swathed in ethereal veils of secrets, lies, movie scripts, guitar solos, runes, second sight, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and spectral beings. The reader doesn't know where Awakening is guiding them, but the journey is definitely first-class."

Five Hearts! Whiskey & Wit

Buy links: Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H1P9242

Sexy Excerpt:

Kane came up behind me, helped me remove my shirt, and then slid my sweatpants down over my hips. His growing erection pressed into my backside.

      “Nice ink,” he murmured and kissed the half-sleeve scene on my right arm of a wolf head with bright yellow eyes framed by a crescent moon peeking through bare-branched trees and a Celtic knot pattern. Kane brushed his lips over the back of my shoulder, his tongue tracing the feathery-winged faery woman. “And what’s this? A belly ring.”

He stroked around my navel, eliciting pleasant shivers in me, and then tugged on my underwear. I took a deep, shuddering breath and exhaled. Here we go.

His eyes alight with desire, he clasped my hand, helped me into the tub, and climbed in facing me. A thick layer of bubbles floated on top of the water. I tensed and crossed my arms over my naked breasts.

“Relax,” he whispered in a rough voice.

Candlelight flickered over his features, an affectionate light glimmering in his eyes. He stroked my arms, coaxing me to open them. His gentle caresses plus the soothing hot water loosened my muscles and my inhibitions, and I relented. You can do this. When will you ever have another chance to have sex with a hot movie star?

He tugged me onto his lap, and I faced him, straddling his thighs.

“Sorry I didn’t have time for a Brazilian wax.” I waxed my legs but drew a line at my bikini area.

He slipped his hand down between my legs. “Don’t like them. This is much better.”

His caress elicited a tremor. “It’s a wider landing strip,” I murmured.

“And a very fine one it is.” His finger glided over my clit.

I shuddered, my sex quivering. “You must be used to bald eagles.”

       He let out a low chuckle and covered my mouth with his, slipping his finger inside me and sliding his thumb over my clit with skill and confidence. Bursts of pleasure shot though me. This was a man who knew what he wanted and took it. 

*

Series blurb:

The five young women of Hecate’s Fury are more than rock stars.

They are Shadow-walkers, chosen to help the supernatural world.

There’s just one problem—no one trained them.

*

Check out all the other steamy excerpts from some talented authors:

<!-- start LinkyTools script --><script src="https://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=301115" type="text/javascript" ></script><!-- end LinkyTools script -->

http://mfrwsteam.blogspot.com/


Kelley Heckart

Otherworldly tales steeped in myth, magic & romance.

http://www.kelleyheckart.com

http://twitter.com/CelticChick

https://www.facebook.com/kelleyheckartauthor

http://www.goodreads.com/kheckart

https://www.kelleyheckart.com/shadowwalkers.html

www.amazon.com/author/kelleyheckart

https://www.pinterest.com/kelleyheckart


7 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

I do like a man who knows what he wants and what he's doing...!

Daryl Devoré said...

Snicker - you must be used to bald eagles.
Tweeted.

Fiona McGier said...

I've never understood why women shave themselves--to make themselves look like little girls? Yuck! Just like men are supposed to prefer rail-thin women, but every man I've ever talked to prefers women with some meat on them--more cushion for the pushin'.

And yes, like Lisabet, I do love me a man who knows his way around a woman's body--frees her up to just enjoy herself, and him!

Maggie Blackbird said...

Great steamy except. Love a rock star who knows what the wants!

Shari Elder said...

Echoing all the other comments here, nothing like a hero who knows what he wants. Very sexy.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I honestly think I'd be more intimidated than aroused by a famous person hitting on me. I'd also think that they had lost their marbles. Fortunately, the heroine isn't as insecure as I am.

Kelley Heckart said...

Ornery Owl, LOL She's not intimidated because she's been famous, too, and she was married to a rock star.