About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Friday, July 22, 2005

I am working on my new book and trying to work out holes in the plot. It is driving me crazy! The best way for me to work this out is to get out my notebook and write specific questions about the characters actions, and then answer that question. It helps me to make sure that the plot moves along and that the characters' actions are believable.

Personally I don't like books that are too predictable, but the plot has to be believable. One of my favorite historical romance series is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. The characters are very well-developed and believable Also the plot has many surprises in store for the reader.

Happy writing!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Kelley,

Have you tried using Donald Maass's Breakout Novel? It's a good book and has a lot of good information.

Diva Stella :)