About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, June 15, 2020

Medieval Monday: The Prince’s Highland Bride by Cathy MacRae

Welcome to Medieval Monday. This week's snippet is from The Prince's Highland Bride by Cathy MacRae. Enjoy!



Blurb:

Phillipe de Poitiers, a prince of Antioch, finds himself a breath away from wrongful execution. Risking everything, he leaves behind his crown, his family, his country—and a body sworn to be his by the Bishop, himself.

Free of court intrigue and drawn to Scotland by memories of a woman who once possessed his heart, Phillipe sells his sword to pay for his travels and accepts the task of guarding the daughter of Laird MacLaren.

When Maggie MacLaren’s abusive marriage fails, she wants nothing more than to retire to her childhood home on the banks of Loch Lomond. Trouble follows her, putting her clan in danger, and she travels to the Isle of Hola, placing her safety in the hands of a mysterious mercenary with a haunted smile and a kind heart.

As Maggie and Phillipe struggle with their pasts, love blooms. But when a pirate’s treasure offers a seductive lure, will it free them—or prove the downfall of all they hold dear?


Tagline:

Free of court intrigue, Phillipe seeks a new start in life. Falling in love was not in his plans. Until he met Maggie MacLaren.

Buy links:

Preorder through May 15 for only 99 cents!

Lead line:
Nature can provide beauty and inspiration. It can also bring danger. Maggie’s island is a place of solace and great beauty, but it is also completely without defenses, something Phillipe must correct before he completes his task of protecting the woman he has come to love—and says good-bye to her forever.


Excerpt 7

“Thank ye. Ye have put a great deal of thought into this. ’Tis clear we are in need of a way to protect ourselves. I willnae keep running. This will be my home.”
Phillipe’s muscles relaxed. His eyes softened. “I did not think ye would run. That would not be the woman I have come to know.”
Maggie’s lips curved. “Your suggestions are sound ones. But I have nae means to pay for supplies. I dinnae know what the income from the cyser will be. I doubt there is surplus wool from the sheep to sell. There are fewer than ten men on the isle. Each seems to have his own responsibility. I doubt they could spend much time rebuilding the abbey. I would need to hire workers.”


Join me next week on Barbara Bettis’ blog: http://barbarabettis.blogspot.co.uk

4 comments:

Judith Sterling said...

Great snippet, Cathy! Happy Medieval Monday!

Barbara Bettis said...

No matter how many times I read your blurb, I have a feeling of anticipation for the h/h :) And this snippet just reminds me of how enjoyable the book is! Have a great week!

Cathy MacRae said...

Thanks so much for hosting me today, Kelley! Happy Medieval Monday!

Kelley Heckart said...

Hi Cathy, Your heroine sounds like a strong lady. I like that. :) Happy Medieval Monday!