About Me

My photo
Writing means different things to me. I'm a storyteller, a book editor, and a songwriter. For me, it's like breathing.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Awakening the Fae, Medieval Monday, #MedMonFall20, Excerpt # 6

Welcome to week # 6 of Medieval Monday. Escape to another time with handsome knights and Fae kings. Follow along with this hashtag #MedMonFall20. Enjoy! Go to the Medieval Romance Lovers FB page for a full list of all the blogs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401384450126130/ 



Excerpt snippet #6 Oct 26

The king prodded me with his leather-booted foot. “Who is this? She wears strange clothing.”

Huh, I’m thinking the same thing about you.

The ninja leader unwrapped his headscarf. “We found her inside our barriers.”

“A human breached our barriers?” A slight tone of alarm filled the king’s deep voice.

Human? What?

“I-I don’t know how I arrived here.”

The ninja leader seized the back of my neck, causing shooting pain, and I winced.

“Do not speak to the king unless told to do so,” he growled.

King Roan waved his hand downward. “Release her, Commander.”

He did but roughly pushed my head before he backed off. I turned a glare on the commander, cringed beneath his withering stare, and then faced the king, deciding it might be wise, at least for now, to keep my eyes lowered. These people were acting strange, and my gut was warning me to be careful.

 *

AWAKENING THE FAE

SHADOW-WALKERS BOOK 4

(This is a standalone story in the Shadow-walkers series.)

*Erotic paranormal romance*

 

Time can’t separate them, but fate can.

Do you like time travel stories with a hot elven king and lots of twists? The women are the rock stars here, and they command the supernatural alpha males in their lives. Grab a copy now and enter the sexy, scary, and thrilling world of Shadow-walkers. This compelling romance will capture your soul.

She’s the most powerful Shadow-walker…and the most vulnerable.

Dina, the wild, strong-willed drummer for Hecate’s Fury and wearer of the Gateway rune, is thrust back in time where she meets a tall, handsome faery king. Beneath all the beauty of the aes sidhe city lurks a dark, menacing danger, and nothing is as it seems. She may be the only one to help them, but the cost to her is high.

Beware a kiss in moonlight.

Roan may be the only male to tame Dina’s restless spirit, the king’s cold nature both enticing and challenging. However, another covets her Shadow-walker and bruja powers. The rival’s obsession is relentless, his magic difficult to resist, even for a Shadow-walker.

Past and present collide as both males vie for her. Only the power of love and sacrifice can unite her with her true mate.

*

Buy links:

Buy links: Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYNKSYZ

Amazon Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1691908231

Also available in KU

 

Listen to Hecate’s Fury music here: https://www.reverbnation.com/hecatesfury

And on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/75YOEjUjM0D8JV6lY2YD5w?si=cfxko5lXSy6jeb0z7CntIw

Author website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com

https://www.kelleyheckart.com/shadowwalkers.html

 

*

4 comments:

Mary Morgan said...

Hmm, I like this king. Looking forward to the next snippet, Kelley! Happy Medieval Monday!

Cathy MacRae said...

She's in a pickle!! Can't wait for next week's snippet!

Barbara Bettis said...

Eeep!! I'd be alarmed! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Anastasia Abboud said...

She really is a warrior, calm and cool under attack! It will be interesting to see how their first conversation goes. VERY interesting!